Friday, May 9, 2008

The Nights for the Days
















Here's to all the things that I cannot do
The test that I've fail and the tasks that I blew
The game on the line and lack to pull through
So here's to the things that I cannot do.

The beer I can't drink less I get out line
The fun I can't have without a full stein
The will power in me that I drop on a dime
The thing I can't do happens all of the time



With faith restored with every sunrise
And the truth that I find when I cop to my lies
The feeling I get when I accept my insides
The things I can't do right in front of my eyes

A week passes by with full clarity
Things start to make sense, karma's sweet charity
This time will be fine so please bear with me
Because the thing I can't do has posterity

So I'll regain my strength and stubborn my grasp
I know I'll be fine when this moment has past
The urging to fail is fading off fast
So kiss my ass beer, water I'll have a glass

No comments: