Thursday, May 8, 2008

Conversations.

Davis walks into a bar with his friends one night and after about 2 or 3 hours of shooting pool, pooling shots, and overemphasizing their love for Journey on the Jukebox, a dare is made.

Mark- "I'll bet you 10 bucks that you don't have the balls to buy that girl a drink", pointing to an attractive blond sitting with a large man at the bar.

Davis- "Why just 10? 20 bucks says I'll buy her a drink and her boyfriend will shake my hand before I walk away." His swagger was intense, as was his confidence and BAC.

Jason- "Don't do it fucker, I don't wanna watch you *hiccup* get the crap kicked out of you in front of such a pretty girl. Homeboy is HUGE." Jason's sway was turning into a nauseating dance that made even the most sober man sea sick.

Davis- "Oh I'll do it bitch. Stop moving." Davis set the pool stick on the table and pushed the 8-ball toward a pocket hoping it would go in, just to solidify his confidence and show the boys who was boss. Wide right. He started towards the bar as his friends looked on.

Mark- "This kid is going to fucking die. That chick's boyfriend looks like a marine or something. Is that a tattoo of a jet on his arm. Jesus Christ."

Jason- "Have faith dude. Plus he already opened the tab with his credit card, it's pretty much a win win for you and I *hiccup*."

Davis plopped down two seats down from the couple and ordered a shot and a beer. Looking up at the television screen for conversation-starting assistance he realized it must have been the only night in ESPN history in which there wasn't a single game on. "How's it going guys? I'm Davis."

Girl (to boyfriend)- "Sweety I think he's gonna throw up. We should move."

Davis-"No I'm not. Gonna throw up...*burp/hiccup* I think it's scary when fish have teeth..."

The Boyfriend- "Listen bro, why don't you back over to your friends huh."

Davis stared into the girls eyes and mouthed a sentence which was unrecognizable to any human being on earth. He then made his move. "Can I buy you a drink beau...beau...beautiful..." His eyes rolled back in his head as he had a split second blackout. "I'm serious *hiccup* your fuckin beautiful."

The Boyfriend- "Oh, your serious? I'm serious, I'm gonna fuck you up if you don't get out of here."

Davis- "Here dick shit head, go dancing." Davis slid his beer in front of the girl and put the shot in front of the boyfriend just before mildly vomiting into his mouth. "Let me talk to the lady and then you can. You get to talk to her all the time."

Jason- "He's gonna fucking die."

Mark- "I know right."

At that moment the boyfriend stood up, effectively flinging his barstool out from under him. He went for Davis, his bulbous veins protruding from his forehead. It looked as if Davis' days were numbered...until.

Davis- "Help, police!! This fucking dude is trying to kill me!!" The cops had been there for the last half hour. It was shift change and this happened to be the cop shop's favorite feeding grounds. Davis had known they were there the entire time, he had known. The sneaky little shit.

Mark-"He's gonna go to jail. I can't watch. I'm going piss, text me what happens."

Jason- "No fucker, stay, what if he needs our help". Jason' s sway had subsided for the time being.

Davis-"Cops!! Help, he's going to hit me!!" The boyfriend was a deer in headlights as the police jumped from their BLTs and French Onion soup to come to the rescue. They quickly grabbed the boyfriend, subduing him. I'm sure seeing the beer in front of him as well as the shot Davis had slid over, gave them suspicion enough to assume he was intoxicate.

Cop 1-"What's going on over here? Hold still sir".

Davis-"I was just walking over to get napkins and when I said hello to this guy, he went completely ballistic." His sober tone of voice and intense coherency was uncanny. "It's fine, just let him go, I'm sure it was a misunderstanding." The cops let the man go as the veins seemed to pulsate with his growing rage. Davis stuck out his hand as a peace offering. "Sorry guy, I don't know what I did but, I'm sorry." The cops stared at Davis' hand and then their eyes moved in unison to the boyfriend. He reluctantly put his hand out and shook Davis'. The cops went back to their sandwiches and soup, and Davis walked back to Jason who was texting frantically to who could only be "Bathroom Mark".

Jason-"You're out of your fucking mind man *hiccup*."

Davis-"I had it. The whole way. I had him." Mark came out of the bathroom, phone in hand with a look of disbelief on his face.

Mark-"No he didn't. You didn't really did you? You crazy asshole." Mark glanced at the table of cops who were intensely watching Davis. Davis fought back a smile. "It's true isn't it. Who calls the cops when their hammered starting fights?!"

Davis- "Rack 'em fag. You owe me 20 bucks. Both of you." The girl took a sip of the beer he had left and consoled her pissed of boyfriend.

Victory.

No comments: