Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Back to Business



So, I got the new roommates moved in and everything is settling in nicely.  I’ve neglected the sense of urgency to expedite my weight loss over the last two weeks or so, which has caught up with me.  I went to the gym last night for the first time in a few weeks and tried to do the regiment I was at prior to my break and, I’ll tell you what, if I didn’t think I was making progress before, it’s extremely apparent now.  This is both confidence inspiring as well as a bit daunting.  At least I know that I was making progress two or three weeks ago (when it felt like I was simply working for no result at the time) and that means that the same scenarios that are evoked during my revitalized workout schedule (ie Pessimism, Procrastination, Doubt) are all very much surmountable.   Also, I know that the work I was doing before was actually improving my health (both physically and emotionally) seeing as I am unable to achieve the degree of resistance in my exercising in addition to having lost some of my energy and positivity over these last two or three weeks.

 

Hopefully I’ll be able to get back into my routine with a bit more ease and re-establish my progress.  Luckily one of my new roommates is just as motivated as I am to get healthy over the winter.  He even got me to sign up for an intramural softball league that starts in the spring.  Just another motivator to get me going; seeing as the holidays are upon us and the caloric jihad against my dietary restrictions is in full effect.

 

Hope you are having a great weekend and looking forward to the Holidays!

No comments: