Friday, February 4, 2011

Dentists say the darnest things




I was sitting in the dentist's chair yesterday, mouth pulled open, woman's hand inside. She's humming a little tune and cleaning my teeth like it's the kitchen floor of her condo when all of a sudden she stops, takes her gaze from my mouth to my eyes and says, "Have you seen that 'Two Girls, One Cup' thing on the computer?". I instantly get a mental image of two poop covered people sharing a shittake-cone and proceed to cough up all the water that was in my mouth and almost bite the woman's finger off.

"Why would you ask me that with your hands in my mouth?!" I plead to her while wiping my spittle from my shirt, pants, and glasses.

"I just saw it and it was NAAASTY." She said in a Michagan endowed accent. "I couldn't watch but a minute of it. Lean back."

Never in my life have I been so taken back from such a well placed time-bomb of a comment. Touche teeth cleaning girl. Touche.

No comments: