Monday, September 22, 2008

The Chicken Festival

I went down to Fair Oaks this weekend to see Kim and some of the family and it turned out to be the 3rd Annual Chicken Festival. As a former resident of Reno and a current resident of the state of Nevada, I am no stranger to odd festival themes but this one was absolutely unique. Apparently the city releases dozens of live roosters in the village park and people have a celebration while wild game run the streets. It's a crime to strike the chickens with anything (bottle caps, food, your hand, vehicles, etc.) and the chickens just kind of wander the streets in an effort to stay alive while people get intoxicated and try not to trip over them. As this weekend will be the basis for my Fringe article in December, I can't really tell you all of the deliciously hysterical details and the absolutely outlandish plot points. All I can say is Fair Oaks is one heck of a place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man.. I can't wait to read your upcoming article. That's hilarious.