Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Thank you Monday Night Football!


I got home last night and was pretty fired up to work out but then I realized that Monday Night Football was on, so…I was standing in my living room with my gym bag in hand and re-enacted the battle scene from Braveheart in my mind.  Only, on one side I had beer and MNF and on the other hand I had responsibility and accountability for the goals I’ve made for myself.  After a rough confliction I decided to sacrifice football in the name of health and went to the gym.  Now, the gym has televisions on the treadmills and other machines but every time I’ve been to the gym is either been all the televisions only showing the political conventions or static, so I’ve discontinued turning them on and simply run to my headphones.  This time however, I gave it a shot and what do you know, MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WAS ON!!  I ended up on the treadmill until I felt like I might pass out.  It was awesome. 
This is how I feel today. Super Awesome.  And a solid B Cup.
 
It turns out that the DirecTv system was messed up before and they just got it fixed.  589 super quick calories later I feel awesome today and brought my gym bag.  But, seeing as it’s Tuesday and there’s no football on, let’s hope they get FOX so I can watch some 2 ½ Men and Big Bang. 

I think my lack of cable and their abundance of it may be the spark I needed to get to the gym.  Who would have that the thing that makes me lazy at home would be my inspiration to be active somewhere else?

No comments: